Volunteer Openings and Descriptions
CHESTER COUNTY LIBRARY or HENRIETTA HANKIN LIBRARY
Openings are listed by library, department, position, day and time.
Thank you to our Summer 2013 Young Adult Volunteers
We will be accepting applications for the 2014 summer Young Adult Volunteer Program at Chester County Library and Henrietta Hankin Branch Library in early March, 2014. Applications are accepted on a first come/first served basis. You must be fifteen years old to apply.
HENRIETTA HANKIN BRANCH LIBRARY OPENINGS
CHESTER COUNTY LIBRARY OPENINGS
1. The Multimedia/AudioVisual Department of the Chester County Library, Exton has openings for Multimedia Collection Care Volunteers. The positions require an ability to shelve audiovisual items such as DVDs, videos, audio books, and music CDs in a timely fashion. The volunteer will also shelf read (put materials in correct order). Our volunteers must be able to pass a test based on the Dewey Decimal System, be able to read fine print, and reach upper/lower shelves. Training is provided. You must be at least sixteen years old to apply.
If you are available to volunteer on:
Saturday mornings or Saturday afternoons, please see instructions below to apply.
Please see instructions below to apply.
2. The Jacobs Technology Center of the Chester County Library, Exton accepts applications for Technology Center Computer Tutor Volunteers on a regular basis. These volunteers assist in the PC Skills Tutoring Program and provide one-to-one, hands on instruction in introductory level PC skills to out-of-school adults in Chester County. This volunteer position provides assistance to those who lack the necessary PC skills to effectively use the electronic resources at the Chester County Library. The position requires good oral communication skills, the desire and ability to assist and instruct customers in a positive and friendly manner, and the ability to operate computer equipment and keyboard with ease. Basic Internet searching and PC skills are required. Training is provided and candidates must pass a short test demonstrating basic computer skills.
This position is a 2-3 hour weekly commitment and is filled on an as needed basis.
3. The Customer Services Department of the Chester County Library, Exton has openings for Adult Collection Care Volunteers and Adopt-A-Shelf Volunteers. These positions require an ability to shelve books in numeric and alphabetical order accurately. The volunteers also assist in the Sorting Room, sorting materials into general categories. Our volunteers must be able to pass a shelving test based on the Dewey Decimal System, be able to reach, stand and stoop. Attention to detail is required. Training is provided.
Various shifts are available. Please see instructions below to apply.
4. The Chester County Library has immediate openings for Volunteer Greeters. Do you enjoy meeting the public? Do you know the locations of our library departments or are you willing to learn? Can you give one or more hours per week greeting our customers? If so, please see instructions below to apply. Training is provided.
5. The Chester County Library has immediate openings for Volunteer Computer Scanners. This is a temporary position and does not involve previous experience. The scanning project is a low maintenance job and the library needs your help. Our volunteer/s must be available any weekday during business hours but you can perform this job at your convenience for as little as half an hour or as long as you want to stay. If you are interested in helping with this short term project, please see instructions below to apply. Training is provided.
Note: The Chester County Library continually recruits and accepts applications for Circulation Care Collection and Circulation Shelf Readers as seen above. Positions are filled on an as needed, first come/first served basis. Needs in the department for volunteer staff change on a regular basis.
To apply or inquire about any positions listed above:
Ask for an application form at the Circulation or Reference Desks, or print the application form or young adult application form and submit via mail, or by bringing the application to the library. You may also call the Volunteer Coordinator at 610-280-3235.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer service
Chester County Library Volunteer Position Descriptions
Henrietta Hankin Library Volunteer Position Descriptions
Last Modified: 11/5/13