Chester County Library Teens
Programs for School-Age Children
Fun Bunch – Friday Night Special Programs for children in Grades 1 to 5 featuring exciting performers for children, such as magicians, storytellers, actors, artists and fun programs such as Book Bingo. Offered three times during the school year.
- Teen Library Crew (TLC) – Friday Night Special Programs for students in Grades 6 and up. Meeting 9 times per year, Teen Library Crew programs include performances by actors, magicians, athletes, scientists, storytellers and more. Special events include Game Night, Movie Night and Mystery Night.
- A new and exciting theme every year
- An incentive program in which children read for fun and earn prizes
- Open to children of all ages:
- Preschoolers may join as read-to-me participants and get credit for books read to them by parents and older siblings
- School age children (K to 5) mark their calendars for each day they read for at least 30 minutes and earn a Book Buck for every five days they read.
- TLC participants (Grade 6 and up) receive credit for each day they read for at least 60 minutes to receive prizes and win raffle prizes.
- Summer Programs – Attendance is optional but highly recommended. Programs begin the last week in June.
- Messy Mondays – Children create do-it-yourself arts and crafts all day while supplies last.
- Tell-Tale Tuesdays – Stop in to hear some stories at 9:30, 10:15, 11:00, 1:00 and 3:00
- Wacky Wednesdays – A variety of professional children\'s performers present 60 minute programs at 2:00 or 7:00. Generally, our Wacky Wednesday programming includes one Meet the Author event at 2:00 and 7:00. Wacky Wednesday sometimes features Book Bingo and our Penny Auction.
- Thrilling Thursdays – Book inspired films for elementary school aged children are shown at 2:00.
- Teen Library Crew – Exciting programs held on the last Friday evening of the month in June and July at 7:00.
Supported by GlaxoSmithKline
- Hands-on science classes for students entering Grades 2 through 6 in the following Fall. Featuring classes in Bioscience, Chemistry, Genetics, Oceanography, Physical Science and Simple Machines on a rotating basis.
ING Meet the Author Programs
Supported by a grant from ING
- Award-winning children\'s and YA authors speak about their books and careers
Three programs per year – Winter/Spring, Summer and Fall
Meet the Author events are followed by a book sale and autograph session
Last Modified: 10/7/08