Library Card Application Form for Minors
Instructions on How to Apply for a Library Card Online
1. You are eligible for a free library card if you live in Pennsylvania. Out of state patrons still qualify for a free library card if they work or attend school in Chester County. Otherwise an out-of-county fee of up to $20 may apply.
2. Complete an application form for each minor, under 18 years of age, applying for a library card. Be sure to complete all required fields; these fields are marked with an asterisk.
3. If you do not have an e-mail address then you cannot submit this online form. Instead print the form and follow the steps listed above to obtain a card.
4. Once you have completed the form click the "submit” button. We will process your application and you should expect to receive your new card in the mail within 3 business days.
5. Parents or guardians who register a minor, under 18 years of age, online will be required to show valid ID (i.e.,driver's license with name and address) before they may borrow materials. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document shown verifies name and address of the parent or guardian. Children under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian with current I.D.
6. Once your address information is verified your borrowing privileges will be established and you will be able to borrow materials at any of the Chester County Library System member libraries.
Last Modified: 9/16/13