Library Card Application Form- Apply Online
Instructions on How to Apply for a Library Card Online for 18 years and older
1. You are eligible for a free library card if you live, work, own property or attend school in Chester County. Out-of-County residents who are ACCESS PA cardholders qualify for a free library card under the ACCESS PA Statewide Library card program. For all others who wish to obtain a library card, but do not meet eligibility requirements listed above, an Out-of-County fee of up to $20 may apply.
2. Complete an application form for each person applying for a library card. Be sure to complete all required fields; these fields are marked with an asterisk.
3. If you do not have an e-mail address then you cannot submit this online form. Instead print the form and follow the steps listed above to obtain a card.
4. Once you have completed the form click the "submit” button. We will process your application and you should expect to receive your new card in the mail within 3 business days.
5. Patrons who register online will be required to show valid ID (i.e.,driver's license with name and address) before they may borrow materials. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document shown verifies name and address information. Children under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian with proper I.D. (Address must match that of the child's.)
6. Once your address information is verified your borrowing privileges will be established and you will be able to borrow materials at any of the Chester County Library System member libraries.
Last Modified: 10/17/14