Databases by Name
- Academic Search Main Edition
- Academic One File: Find peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals in the areas of the physical and social sciences, technology, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and more. Undergraduate researchers can expand and refine search results through the Topic Finder and citation tools are integrated directly into the user’s workflow.
- Access Pennsylvania: See PA Electronic Library Catalog
- Ancestry /Library Edition: (In Library Use Only) Genealogical database, including census records.
- AP Images: (POWER Library) Current and historical photographs.
- BookFlix: (POWER Library) Children's fictional video storybooks and related nonfiction ebooks.
- Books & Authors: Discover fiction and non-fiction books that match your interests! Books and Authors (powered by Gale's popular What Do I Read Next? series) is for readers from every level of reading proficiency and enables users to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics from more than 240,000 titles.
- Business Insights: Essentials: Find full-text articles and statistical data about companies and industries for business owners, marketing professionals, investors, and students. Access to over 11,000 journals and more than 8,900 in full-text. Instantly analyze and compare financial and statistical data with interactive charting tools. Find thousands of detailed financial reports, more than 2,500 custom business glossary terms, 1,000 SWOT reports, over 17,400 company histories, over 460,000 detailed company profiles, and much more.
- Canadian Businesses: Phone-verified information for 1.5 million Canadian businesses.
- Canadian White Pages:12 million Canadian household records, all publicly sourced to compile with Canadian privacy laws.
- ChescoPIN (In Library Use Only) Chester County public real estate, court, and will records.
- Consumer Health Complete: (POWER Library) Information about health and wellness.
- Contemporary Authors: (POWER Library) Guide to current authors in popular fields, based on the print set Contemporary Authors.
- CyberSmarts: (POWER Library) How to deal with important online safety issues.
- Daily Local News Index: (In Library Use Only) Index to major stories from 1985 to 2005.
- Driver's Education - Practice Tests and Handbooks: Free online driver education program for individuals preparing to take permit exams at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Contains practice tests and handbooks for automobile and motorcycle driving, including the following state-specific information:
- 10 car practice tests
- 5 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
- Dun & Bradstreet Business Browser:(in-library use only) Search more than 110 million businesses around the world by company name, company executives, industry, or news articles. Business data includes annual revenues, employee counts, corporate family structure, lines of business, analyst reports, SWOT reports, and stock data.
- ebooks on EBSCOhost: (POWER Library) Full text books in a variety of fields
- Educator’s Reference Complete: Access over 1,100 academic journals and ERIC database reports in the field of education. Key subject areas include administration, bilingual education, child development and psychology, funding, health education, technology, and testing.
- Explora: (POWER Library) Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips.
- Flipster: Access 42 digital magazines anywhere you are with an active Chester County Library System card. Simple and convenient to use, especially when on-the-go and traveling! Some titles include: HGTV Magazine, Rolling Stone, Clean Eating, Real Simple, and House Beautiful.
- Foundation Online Directory Quick Start: Includes basic profiles of nearly 90,000 U.S. foundations. Users can search by name, EIN, and location. Profiles include a foundation's background, purpose and activities statement, program area(s), fields of interest, financial data, and 990-PFs. For more advanced search options, such as program and interest field searches, visit the Chester County Library, Exton, to use Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Foundation Directory Online Professional: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) A premier grantseeking research tool. Includes over 140,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, over three million recent grants, and over half a million key decision makers. Updated weekly.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) Find funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals.
- Foundation Maps: (In-library use at Chester County Library desktops only. Desktop computer access only.) The Foundation Center's interactive mapping tool. Display grantmaker, grant recipient, and grants data using maps, charts, and lists.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Power Library Collection: A collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Chester County Library Collection: A collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences. Includes Business Plans Handbook Series (volumes 1-33).
- General OneFile: Explore this general-interest periodical resource offering nearly more than 15,000 titles with more than 8,800 in full text. With millions of articles available in PDF and HTML full-text, the collection is also supplemented by reference, newspaper, and audio content.
- GREENR (Environment, Energy, etc.): Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources (GREENR) offers researchers an interdisciplinary resource for environment and sustainability studies. GREENR provides news, background information, video, commentaries, primary source documents and statistics in relevant topic areas such as energy systems, healthcare, food, climate change, population, and economic development.
- HeritageQuest: Genealogy and local history resources including periodical articles.
- InfoTrac Newsstand: Browse and read full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world, or search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. InfoTrac Newsstand also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts.
- InfoTrac Student Edition: Secondary school students will have access to age-appropriate content from magazines, journals, newspapers, reference books, and engaging multi-media covering a wide range of subjects, from science, history, and literature to political science, sports, and environmental studies.
J Back to Top
- Kids InfoBits: Elementary students in kindergarten through grade five will find age-appropriate content covering a broad range of educational topics such as animals, arts, geography, health, literature, people, social studies, technology, etc. Kids InfoBits includes full-text proprietary content from Blackbirch Press®, U-X-L, KidHaven Press™, and more! Content is continuously updated and provides interesting and important facts with connections to current and past events.
- Learning Express Library:Tests, exercises and skill building courses for elementary through college students, GED preparation, computer skills, preparation for many standardized tests and U.S. citizenship. Interactive courses in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, Windows and Mac operating systems.
- LitFinder: Discover literature content from more than 150,000 full-text poems, 840,000 poem citations and excerpts, 7,100 full-text short stories and novels, 3,800 full-text essays published in the 16th-20th centuries, 2,400 full-text speeches, and 1,250 full-text plays. It also includes biographies, work summaries, photographs, and a glossary. Within LitFinder's collection, users can access works from over 80,000 authors from 660 nationalities.
- Mango Languages: Mango is the fast, easy, and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
- MasterFile Premier Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips. Excellent resource for student research and classroom instruction. Information is rich, reliable, and easy-to-use.
- netLibrary: see eBooks on EBSCOhost
- New York Times Includes articles from the New York Times from 1981 to the present, and an archive from 1851-1922. To access within a library, create a free account on nytimes.com and log in with your email address and password.
- NextReads: Book suggestions in up to twenty different subject areas delivered to your email. Find the NextReads Archives here.
- NoveList Plus Find reading recommendations including reviews, lists, articles, and more. Use NoveList to find read-alikes in both fiction and non-fiction for readers of all ages. NoveList also has series information, award winners, best-of lists, top ten lists, and much more!
Back to Top
- Public Library Search: (POWER Library) Integrated catalog of 3,000 Pennsylvania school, public, academic and special libraries.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Image Edition (January 2018 - Present) - Scanned copies of the complete issues, including advertisements, classified, obituaries, etc. Search entire issue or current page; export features include citation format, print, e-mail, and download.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Historical Archive (1830-1922): Full text articles, photos and obituaries.
- Refer Web: Health and human services available in Chester County.
- ReferenceUSA: U.S. Businesses: Search more than 24 million private and public businesses for information on competition, business demographics, and target markets.
- Research in Context: Discover reliable and trusted information on a variety of topics to support middle school student research for government, U.S and world history, geography, literature, sciences, and social issues. Research In Context offers cross-curricular content aligned to national and state standards, and presents material organized into a highly visual and topic portal approach to quickly find answers.
- Science Reference Center: Perform research from hundreds of full text science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other reliable sources. View more than 280,000 high-quality science images from sources such as UPI, Getty, NASA, National Geographic and the Nature Picture Library.
TrueFlix: is a multimedia literacy-based read aloud experience for young children that includes: interactive games, author biographies, video adaptations, Spanish translated pairs, read alouds, and digital nonfiction flipbooks.
- U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles: Use this database of over 203 million U.S. consumers for market research or to locate friends and relatives.
- U.S. Healthcare: 855,000 records of doctors and dentists, all of which have been phone-verified.
- U.S. New Businesses: 50,000 new businesses added weekly; identify local business trends and build client base.
- U.S. New Movers/Homeowners: More than 300,000 movers and homeowners added weekly. Great source for small businesses and entrepreneurs to expand client base.
- U.S. Standard White Pages: Use this database of over 89 million U.S. resident for market research or to locate friends and relatives.