Arts & Entertainment
- Art Cyclopedia: An index of online museums and image archives: find where the works of over 8000 different fine artists can be viewed online.
- Art Net: Buy, sell, and research fine art online.
- Artprice: A comprehensive source of art market information with various databases about auctions, current estimated prices, and more.
- British Library: A searchable database of over 30,000 items from their collection.
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Online Collection: Contains catalog records and digital images primarily produced in or documenting the history of the United States, and the lives of the American people.
- New York Public Library Digital Gallery: Searchable database of 712,000 digitized items from the New York Public Library's collections.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum: Search collection of 40,000 art objects, more than 18,000 works are illustrated
- Timelines of Art History: New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art pairs essays and works of art with chronologies, telling the story of art and global culture through the Museum's collections.
- World Wide Art Resources: Marketplace for contemporary art, international art news, research and gallery portfolios.
- American Museum of Photography: A virtual museum exploring various aspects of the medium with numerous online exhibits strongest from the early days of photography (1839) to World War I.
- Google Art Project: A platform that allows users to virtually tour hundreds of museums and cultural institutions, as well as create and share their own virtual galleries.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Online Collection: Over 440,000 records of items in the collection with images.
- Museum of Modern Art: Offers an overview of modern art, examples from their collections of painting and sculpture, drawings, prints, illustrated books, architecture, design, photography, film, video, and much more.
- National Gallery of Art: A collection of more than 100,000 searchable art objects, tours of galleries, and describes and illustrates current and upcoming exhibitions.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: Collections range from ancient to modern, Asian, European, American, Middle East, includes the Rodin Museum.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum: Search collection of 40,000 art objects, more than 18,000 works are illustrated.
- Common Sense Media: A nonprofit which reviews and rates various media content to help families determine what is age-appropriate media for children
- DTV.gov: What you need to know about digital tv transition
- Entertainment Weekly: All the latest entertainment news, including TV, movies, music, and books.
- JigZone: Free online jigsaw puzzles with choice of puzzle cuts varying in difficulty from 6 easy pieces to 247 nearly impossible pieces, includes a "solve" button
- Open Culture: Tons of links to free cultural & educational media on the web
- Variety: Variety magazine online with breaking entertainment news, movie reviews, industry events and more
- Based on the Book: Database of selected movies based on Books
- Film Ratings: MPAA's movie ratings since 1968 with additional resource links for parents to make informed decisions about what to watch with their families.
- Internet Movie Database: Entries provide detailed information for movies (in theaters, on video or DVD, and forthcoming), as well as television movies and series
- Kids in Mind: Provides parents with objective and complete information about a film's content so that they can decide, based on their own value system, whether they should watch a movie with or without their kids
- MovieFone: Find movie times and purchase tickets, as well as find what's on TV and out on DVD.
- New York Times Movie Reviews: Reviews for all films reviewed since 1983, reviews of all Best Picture Academy Award winners, as well as a selective list of the 1,000 Best Movies, registration (free) required
- All-music Guide: Contains ratings and reviews of more than 400,000 record albums, search by artist, album, song, style, or label
- Billboard: Daily music news, weekly charts with music samples, this day in music, new releases, a review finder, with tens of thousands of original album reviews from 1970 through today
- Classical Net: Contains guides to building a classical music collection, articles and reviews, information on composers, links to related websites, and more. Searchable
- Music For The Nation: American Music Sheet: American Music Sheet: This digitally scanned collection from the Library of Congress has over 47,000 pieces of historical sheet music registered for copyright during the years 1870-1885.
- International Music Score Library Project: A community-built library of public domain sheet music. Extensive collection of original scores scanned to PDF.
- Mutopia Project: Free sheet music for everyone. All music in the Mutopia Project is free to download, print out, perform and distribute.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Includes inductees, sound clips, birthdates, and a searchable archive
- Worldwide Internet Music Resources: A comprehensive list of music resources, not annotated, maintained by the Indiana University Music Library
- Yahoo Music: Music reviews, information on major acts, interviews, concert information, Internet radio, access to a wide selection of streaming audio, exclusive artist features, music news, and music videos.