Business Books, Magazines, & Databases
The Chester County Library System orders books on a variety of small business topics. Our Library Catalog may be searched from home. This page contains searches for popular business topics. You can place holds on library materials from home by visiting the Holds page.
- Business Plans
- Starting a Business
- Financing a Business
- Employee Management
Access over 100 digital magazines from anywhere using the Flipster app, including:
- Fast Company
- Kiplinger’s titles
Search our library catalog for print titles, which include the magazines available in Flipster but also:
- Ad Age
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- Harvard Business Review
- Wall Street Journal
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA): Search millions of private and public businesses for information on competition, business demographics, and target markets. Reference Solutions step-by-step guides, webinars, and training materials are available to help you better understand how to use the search features and produce a strategy at home, on the go, or at the Library.
- Statista: Find statistical information, company dossiers, topical reports, and high-quality infographics. With an international focus, this resource offers statistics on a wide variety of industries and topics such as communications, education, health care, and hospitality.
Access Statista from inside the library.
Access Statista from outside the library using your Chester County Library System card and PIN. Don’t have a PIN? Click here for help.
- Gale Business Insights: Essentials: Offers in-depth coverage of businesses, including company profiles, industry profiles, products and brands, financial reports, company rankings, histories, and full-text periodical articles. Business Insights: Essentials offers robust online tools for analytics.
The FHG Library at West Chester University (WCU) offers free on-site database access to the public. View their Guest Computer Policy for details. For any questions about database access or the library, please contact WCU librarians.
- Market Share Reporter (e-book): Presents comparative business statistics in a clear, straightforward manner. Each entry features a descriptive title; data and market description; a list of producers/products along with their market share; and cites original sources.
- Mergent Online and Archives: Data for company and industry research, both historical and current. Includes data on global publicly-traded companies, as well as domestic and international private companies.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center: Search or browse analyst reports on stocks and funds.
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Business news and events for Philadelphia and surrounding areas, as well as job postings, and the Book of Lists.
- PolicyMap: Online geographical information database with data on housing, education, mortgage originations, jobs and more. Create custom maps, tables, and reports.
- RAND State Statistics: State-by-state statistics for Business & Economics, Community, Education, Energy & Environment, Government Finance, Health & Socioeconomics, Population & Demographics.
- Regional Business News: Coverage for full-text business publications, on a regional level, for the United States and Canada.
- RKMA Market Research Handbook Series: Market data on consumer behavior, entertainment, media, advertising, healthcare, leisure, food, sports, travel and more.
- USA Trade Online: Freely available data tool that gives users access to current and cumulative U.S. export and import data to identify new markets, evaluate existing markets, interpret economic news, perform academic research, as well as analyze domestic and international trade policies. Users can create customized reports and colorful charts detailing international trade data at different levels.
- Value Line Investment Survey: Investment research on stocks, the stock market, industries, and the economy.
- Wall Street Journal, 1985 - present: Search or browse full text issues.